- ARM – Associate in Risk Management, Insurance Institute of America, Canisius College, Buffalo
- CRIS – Construction Risk & Insurance Specialist Conferred by International Risk Management Institute
PROFESSIONAL and INSURANCE INDUSTRY HISTORY:
- Director, Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario
- Member, Board of Governors, Insurance Institute of Ontario
- Education Chairman, Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario
- Author and Technical Editor, Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker Program – CAIB
- Community College Insurance Instructor
- Instructor, School of Insurance, Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario
- Author and publisher of insurance newsletters
- Insurance Brokers Association of Canada – Authored advanced insurance broker examinations.
- Co-author and contributor to the Broker Skills Report, commissioned by the RIBO – Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario
- RIBO – Broker examination resource
- Exam author and marker for various insurance broker programs and licensing examinations.
- Licensed previously as an insurance agent, and then broker, for over 25 years.
- Owned and managed an insurance brokerage for over 20 years.
- Previously licensed as a Life Insurance Agent in Ontario
- Professor, Niagara College, Bachelor of Applied Business Program – Risk Management
- President – Risk Management Consultants of Ontario.
- President-Elect, Society of Risk Management Consultant, U.S.
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business – Mr. Harder is the insurance “Ask a Resource”, member service at CFIB, the largest lobby group for independently owned businesses in Canada.
- Risk Management Consultants of Ontario (self-regulatory body)
- Society of Risk Management Consultants, U. S.
- ORIMS – Ontario Risk and Insurance Management Society
- Risk manager and insurance consultant with extensive experience in a variety of industries including manufacturing, transportation, hospitality, mining, and real estate.
- Management of the placement of insurance programs, setting specifications and coverage terms and conditions.
- RFP Management
- Extensive knowledge of insurance marketplace.
- Out-sourced risk manager, focusing on global companies.
- Insurance Audits
- Litigation support as expert witness with respect to coverage disputes and broker conduct.
- Insurance consultant to lending institutions with respect to borrower insurance requirements.
- Personal Protection”; newsletter
- “Insurance & Risk Management”; newsletter
- St. Catharines Standard; newspaper
- Canadian Underwriter; magazine
- Business Niagara; magazine
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Speaker at the (HFTP) Hospitality and Finance Technology Professionals Conference.
- Speaker at the (AMICCUS-C) Association of Managers in Canadian Colleges and University Student Centres Conference.
- Speaker at (SMRC) Society of Risk Management Consultants Conference.
- Seminar Presenter, Insurance Institute of Ontario (IIO).